The Internal Complaint Committee has been formed in Narula Institute of Technology strictly following the UGC guidelines. The Internal Complaint committee (ICC) looks after any complaints made by the students and staff members related to gender inequality or sexual harassment. The committee mostly accepts the complaints from the victim in written mode and keeps it confidential so that the victim in no way gets influenced to withdraw the complaints under the pressure of the offender(s). Any case of sexual harassment or assault in any forms is dealt strictly by the committee. The committee not only takes punitive measures against the offenders of sexual harassment but also takes initiative to promote awareness about it through sensitization programs. The ICC addresses the issues on emergency basis and takes prompt action. Thus due to this quick redressal system the students and staff feels completely safe within the campus.
The objectives of the Committee are
- To promote awareness about sexual harassment through educational initiatives those encourages and foster a respectful and safe campus environment
- To ensure that students, faculty and staff are provided with current and comprehensive materials on sexual harassment and assault
- To provide a neutral, confidential and supportive environment for victims of sexual abused (if any)
- To advise complainants of the informal and formal means of resolution as specified by the Cell
- Deal with cases of discrimination and sexual harassment against women, in a time bound manner, aiming at ensuring support services to the victimized and termination of the harassment
- Recommend appropriate punitive action against the guilty party
- To provide information regarding counseling and support services on our campus.
The working protocols of the committee were set up which involves the following steps:
- The complainant will have to submit an application duly signed, addressing to the Convener of the Committee.
- A meeting will be called immediately where the members of the Committee will discuss the complaint.
- If the case comes under the purview of the Committee, an enquiry committee will be set up.
- The Committee will submit a report to Prof. (Dr.) M. R. Kanjilal, Principal, NIT and also recommend the nature of action to be taken after discussion with the Principal and Registrar of the institute.
Throughout the year the committee is engaged in conducting various activities like
- Student awareness about the existence of such committee
- As it is natural in our society that people do no open up about their sexual harassment, counseling is very important. Confidential counseling service is provided to the students as well as the staff members.
- Awareness Workshops on sexual harassment at professional arena is organized at definite intervals for the faculty, non-teaching staff and students. The aim of the workshops is to develop non-threatening and non-intimidating atmosphere of mutual learning.
- Zero tolerance policy towards sexual harassment of women employees and students
Internal complaint committee (ICC) members
- Dr. Sangita Roy, Department of Electronics & Communication Engg., Presiding Officer (M: 9831402007)
- Ms. Mousumi Saha, , Department of Computer Sc. & Engg., member (M: 7003735519)
- Ms. Moupali Roy, Department of Electronics & Communication Engg., member (M: 9475627962)
- Srijeeta Das, HR Executive, member (M: 9748252317)
- Debasis Saha, Office Assistant, member (M: 8013463380)
- Mr. Chandra Sekhar Kundu, (FEED), member, (M: 9647624616)
- Three student representatives from UG and PG
- Contact e-mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Zero Tolerance Policy Towards Sexual-Harassment of Women Employees and Students