PEO & PO
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
The main objectives of the EIE Department are:
1. To provide students with a strong foundation in Mathematical, Scientific and Engineering fundamentals.
2. To acquaint students with necessary knowledge to formulate, solve and analyse engineering problems related to industry and research.
3. To impart the state of the art technology to the students in the field of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering.
4. To foster the innovation, invention and entrepreneurship by enabling the students to transform their ideas to proof- of-concepts for high-tech applications.
5. To provide opportunity for the students to work as part of teams on multi-disciplinary projects.
6. To inculcate in the students professional and ethical attitude, communication skills and the life-long learning skills needed for the successful professional career.
7. Work in core Instrumentation and allied industries and software companies and / or become successful entrepreneurs.
8. Pursue their higher studies at the institutes of repute in India and abroad and work in educational institutions, research organizations and engineering consultancy companies.
9. Have the highest integrity, social responsibility, teamwork skills and leadership capabilities in their profession or career.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POS)
Upon successful completion of 4year B.E. degree programme, the EIE students will be able to:
1. Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an instrumentation engineering specialization to arrive solution for complex engineering problems.
2. Identify, formulate and analyze complex engineering problems using first principles of mathematics, management and engineering.
3. Design solutions for instrumentation engineering problems and develop Instrumentation and related system components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health, safety, cultural, societal and environmental issues.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems using research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Create, select and apply appropriate state-of-the-art techniques, resources and modern engineering and computing tools with an understanding of the limitations.
6. Apply reasoning informed by contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice.
7. Understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
8. Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
9. Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in multidisciplinary teams.
10. Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life- long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
12. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.