Rules & Regulations
Library rules are reorganized in accordance with the Library Policy since 2012 and amended time to time. Some excerpts of the Policy as well as the Library rules are as follows:
NIT Library welcomes to all of its members to use the library. In order to ensure a good library environment and to enable the users to have as productive as possible in the library, we ask users to abide by the following rules. However, we expect, all members should exercise self-discipline, respect and consideration for others when using the Library.
- The Library is open to registered members only and the members must hold valid membership card when using the library.
- Teachers and students of the Institute have to collect their membership card by filling up the membership form and the card must be used only by the member to whom it is issued.
- Loss of membership card must be reported to the librarian immediately. The member may have to bear a charge for preparing duplicate card. If the lost card subsequently found, it must be returned to the librarian without delay.
- Library is open on all working days of the Institute and from 8:00 am– 8:00 pm (Monday to Friday) & 9.45am – 1.45pm. (Saturday). However, the library remains open on request, as per convenience of the students and staffs of the Institute.
- Faculty & Staff members are requested to sign on the register before using the library.
- Students are advised to submit their library Card before entering the Library Reading Room.
- No bags, umbrellas, personal books, CD, etc. may be brought into the library. The library will not accept any responsibility for the loss or misplacement of personal belongings.
- Consumption of food is not permitted in the library and use of mobile phone is strictly prohibited inside the library.
- Mutilation of library materials and damage to library materials is serious offence. Members must report any mutilation or damage that found in books before borrowing.
- Every material borrowed from the library must be returned in time. Fines imposed on borrowers for late return of library materials, as follows – Re. 2 per day for each book.
- Narula Institute of Technology Borrowers are responsible for the materials borrowed on their cards and are liable to replace the same if the material is found lost or damaged.
- Users are required to comply with prevalent copyright regulations.
- Practical work is strictly prohibited in the Library reading room.
- Maximum 4 students are allowed in each table of the Reading Room.
- Silence must be observed in the library & no discussion permitted inside the library.